Why being bare bottom is important.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jamieuk74_*

Guest_jamieuk74_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:36 AM

I realize that that this is very much a personal thing but I believe it is vital that an effective disciplinarian administers all punishment spankings on the bare bottom. Leaving aside maintenance and erotic ones for the moment there are specific reasons why as a spankee this is neccesary.

First of all is the controlled element of shame. I would rather be spanked bare bottom in private than have some one verbally humiliate me. Next of all is the safety issue. I want my spanker to be able to see the state of my bottom especially if implements are being used; to be able to judge how effective the punishment is and to make sure no lasting injury occurs. And finally as far as I'm concerned it's the great leveller. It doesn't matter what excuses I give or how sorry I say I am - my pants are going to be taken down every time I'm spanked. I then feel at least in my mind that I'm being treated no differently than any other spankee.

#2 kiwi

kiwi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Role:Spankee
  • Relationship:Single
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:50 AM

Despite the fact that I prefer to be bare bottom during a session, I have to disagree with several of your points.

...First of all is the controlled element of shame. I would rather be spanked bare bottom in private than have some one verbally humiliate me.

If I trust my Top, then being bare doesn't cause either shame or humiliation; if I don't trust my Top, then I wouldn't be bottoming to him.

Next of all is the safety issue. I want my spanker to be able to see the state of my bottom especially if implements are being used; to be able to judge how effective the punishment is and to make sure no lasting injury occurs.

This I certainly agree with, particularly with whippy implements.

And finally as far as I'm concerned it's the great leveller. It doesn't matter what excuses I give or how sorry I say I am - my pants are going to be taken down every time I'm spanked. I then feel at least in my mind that I'm being treated no differently than any other spankee.

But I'm not "any other spankee". I would have serious reservations about any Top who felt that "one size fits all" spankings were a good idea. We are all different: we have different limits, different tolerances, and deserve to be treated as the individual human beings that we are rather than as just another bottom.

I'm glad it works for you, but I disagree that the same will work, or even be appropriate for everyone.
"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” - Lao Tzu

#3 Guest_Ael Rhiana_*

Guest_Ael Rhiana_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:54 AM

I agree with Kiwi, 100%.

And some people prefer their modesty to stay in tact, which some people want when meeting with a potential er for the first time.

#4 Guest_jamieuk74_*

Guest_jamieuk74_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:11 AM

Oh yeah entirely a personal thing here. Don't think I'm forcing this way of thinking on anyone :)

#5 PonyGirl

PonyGirl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Relationship:In a relationship

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:43 PM

I realize that that this is very much a personal thing but I believe it is vital that an effective disciplinarian administers all punishment spankings on the bare bottom.

Oh yeah entirely a personal thing here. Don't think I'm forcing this way of thinking on anyone :)

Those two statement don't really jive with each other. Maybe what you meant to say that was it is vital for you that a a disciplinarian administer all punishments spankings on the bare bottom.

For me that is not true. Often my top puts me in my place with a good smack on my clothed inner thigh while I am sitting next to him. That is quite effective for me to remember to do something, especially in the car in traffic when a bare bottom spanking is not possible. Not to mention a quick hard one with only his hand on my clothed bottom after a snotty remark. But the most effective things my top does have nothing to do with spanking at all. It is the look on his face and the tone in his voice or just being very patient and telling me why he does not want to do or not do something.

#6 Guest_jamieuk74_*

Guest_jamieuk74_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:06 PM

Those two statement don't really jive with each other. Maybe what you meant to say that was it is vital for you that a a disciplinarian administer all punishments spankings on the bare bottom.

Yes that's what I meant. Apologies if anyone thought I was forcing my opinion on them. That wasn't my intention.

#7 angelslucidity

angelslucidity

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:59 PM

For me that is not true. Often my top puts me in my place with a good smack on my clothed inner thigh while I am sitting next to him. That is quite effective for me to remember to do something, especially in the car in traffic when a bare bottom spanking is not possible. Not to mention a quick hard one with only his hand on my clothed bottom after a snotty remark. But the most effective things my top does have nothing to do with spanking at all. It is the look on his face and the tone in his voice or just being very patient and telling me why he does not want to do or not do something.

That smack on the thigh gets me too PG and it seems to always get my aTTention! Last time i got smacked on my thigh tho i pouted. Hell i did not know i pout!Posted Image lol My mentor was like you better stop pouting or i am going pull this car over before we get to the hotelPosted Image.... Talk about flash backs as a kid lol I did wonder were he would pull over and exactly what he intended to do! lol Let's just say the smarting thigh was enough for me.Posted Image
~angel~

#8 Guest_Ali_*

Guest_Ali_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:47 AM

There are a few good reasons that one should be bare bottom and here are my thoughts:

the first and most important is safety. Being bare allows a spanker to see the *damages* so to speak, some people bruise fast and easy, other dont bruise but will have spots that bleed very easily, so being able to see whats happening, the marks the location the bruising it has a purpose

second marks can serve as a marker for the end of a session some people cry others take the punishment in humble silence and being able to see the bottom is like a time line, glowing warm up to striped finishing, this is especially true for what I call *leather butts* the very experince bottoms or the people with pain tolerances that could be spanked to a pulp and not notice it, in these cases soemtimes you have to just cut off the spanking for the sake of physical safety over emtional release.

Another reason is the act of baring your bottom or being bared is an act of acceptance of your punishment and sort of completes the typical spanking ritual. it puts the bottom in the frame of mind of being sorry for what youve done being accepting of your spanking, it can often make you more emtionally vulnerable and allow for a quicker or easier emtional release.

#9 Mr.Tanyerhide

Mr.Tanyerhide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Role:Spanker
  • Relationship:Single

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:34 PM

no lasting injury occurs.

"on the bare" is not always necessary, but I do monitor the physical affect. A Very Thorough paddle, strap or cane
across a pair of jeans gets the message through quite "Loud & Crystal Clear".

#10 sararobbins

sararobbins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:03 PM

Consistency and ritual is important in all parts of discipline, not just spankins and having to bare just my bottom and bend over for a spanking without being told is just part of our ritual. It is more formal and humbling. Feeling breezes over my bare butt gives me anxiety. And the spanking hurts more. But I just bare my bottom and only for the spanking - then I dress again even when I would rather not pull on the jeans. And it is more intimate, even when I bend over the couch because a spanking is out of the question in the car or anywhere where I can't be bared, but where he could get away with a few swats. A spanking would feel different depending on what I wear if I didn't get bare bottom spankings: jeans, summer shorts, a cotton dress. I would wear jeans every day. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users